Protein bars are a fun and tasty way to assist with reaching your daily protein intake, but what protein bar is the best? Which one should you start buying? In this article, I’m going to present and go over five of the best protein bars to buy online in the UK.
I’ll cover their macro-nutrient profile , taste test, and other nutritional facts to further help you make the right choice!
1. Reflex Nutrition R-Bar Protein Bars
I’m a big fan of Reflext Nutrition. In fact, their one of my top go-to supplement brands, because of their exceptionally high quality range of products. The R-bars by Reflex Nutrition are the perfect example – a high protein, high fibre, low sugar, great tasting protein bar by a UK based sports nutrition specialist.
R-bars by reflex not only offer an extremely nutritious protein bar but a tasty one that anyone can enjoy! This can be attributed to its number of different flavours you can choose from! Let’s dive in and take a close look at some of the outstanding benefits this product has to offer.
- R-bars are very low in sugar. If you’ve meddled with numerous different supplements and products like this, you might already be aware that many others on the market deliver an uncomfortably high amount of sugar. The high levels of sugar found in products like these will do nothing but tamper with your health and this will in turn work against any fitness goals you have for yourself.
- This product delivers a high source of fibre. Ahh, fibre, the macronutrient that most of us don’t get enough of. This incredibly essential nutrient is often found in food sources not commonly eaten hence to why so many of us are deficient in this nutrient. So, if you believe yourself to be one of the unfortunate people who don’t consume enough fibre, you can feel better within yourself knowing that this product will help bring your levels up.
- Whey protein is sourced from grass-fed cows! For those of you who don’t know, whey protein, the most popular and anabolic protein source on the planet is sourced from cows milk. This is the protein source placed into these protein bars. The balance and purity of nutrients found in the cow’s milk can depend highly on the cow’s diet and since they’re grass-fed, you can be assured that the protein they use for their bars is of the highest quality.
If you decide to go and purchase one of their bars, you should know that their online shop sells their bars in packs of 12. Each pack will set you back around £23. Not only is their product reasonably priced but it’s available in five different flavours, so you know there’s going to be something for you.
All in all, Reflex nutrition have outdone themselves with this highly favourable product. The good quality nutrition found in this bar combined with the lack of sugars and other detrimental ingredients makes this product a product you can trust.
2. Bulk Powders Macro Munch Protein Bar Review
This UK based company has truly worked its way to the top and at a rapid pace, I might add. Bulk powders are a supplement company offering a wide array of different supplements all designed to benefit you, your body and your results.
Bulk powders broke the mould in the protein bar world when they formulated and delivered their macro munch protein bars. This incredibly reliable product will be an extremely useful tool when striving to achieve any fitness goals! Let’s see what else it accompanies!
- Seven different flavours! Listen, everybody on this plane is different. There will always be that seemingly one person who tends to opt for a more unusual tasting flavour as opposed to simply going for a standard one. While this is perfectly okay, not many products and brands are going to offer much more than standard likeable flavours. Fortunately for you, you’re in luck! This product is available in seven different flavours!
- The macro munch is extremely high in fibre! As stated earlier, fibre is a massively under-consumed nutrient. It’s utilised by the body for various tasks such as the lowering of blood sugar, regulating healthy bowel movements and the proper absorption of nutrients. A lack of fibre can cause various issues to arise not to mention the development of cancer. All in all, this protein bar is going to be extremely beneficial to you!
- Very affordable protein bar. For many people in this world, money is most certainly an issue. This can be caused by many different factors but this factor alone means for a potentially strict budget cut. Bulk powders must have certainly taken this into account when pricing this product as you will soon see that this product is listed at a very affordable price.
The macro munch protein bars by bulk powders remain one of the most popular protein bars for a reason because they are affordable, taste good and deliver the nutrition as promised.
There’s a reason why bulk powders have rapidly progressed in both sales and recognition in recent years, this is because they are a brand you can trust! This brand has proven time and time again that both quality and affordability can be intertwined, furthermore making this a brand you can rely on.
3. Grenade Carb Killa Protein Bars
If you’ve been involved with the fitness industry for a while now, you will without a doubt have seen this brand pop up more than once. This is for a good reason. Grenade is an incredibly innovative supplement brand offering numerous health products and supplements.
These health products and supplements have been listed time and time again as some of the most reliable, trustworthy and effective products on today’s market. With that being said, let’s dive in and take a closer look at one of their more recognisable protein bars known as carb killa.
- The grenade carb killa comes in 11 flavours! Hands down the longest list of flavours so far! The grenade carb killas long list of flavours makes it the better protein bar on this list so far when referring to picky choosers! Their available flavours are very broadly ranged meaning there is without a doubt something there for everyone!
- A great tasting protein bar that’s low in sugars and carbs. Hence the name – “carb killa”, this product is extremely low in both carbohydrates and sugars. As we all know, many of those looking to lose weight tend to opt for the low carb diets. This low carbs protein bar will not only serve its intended purpose for those trying to cut out the carbs but it will deliver a top-notch protein source which will too, aid in weight loss.
- Insanely tasty! Struggle with an incessant sweet tooth? Always seem to give in when the cravings kick in? The majority of us suffer from and tend to give in to sugary foods from time to time. It’s a very normal yet annoying occurrence. With that being said, I can confidently tell you this protein bar may be your answer! The reviews surrounding this supplement suggest it to be extremely tasty and this certainly appears to be one of the more favourable aspects of this product.
After a little overview of the key features of this product, it’s very clear as to why it’s becoming more and more popular… This can be attributed to its desirably sweet taste!
Its unbelievable taste combined with the wide array of different flavours makes this product perfect for those who tend to be a bit more picky with their foods! With that being said, if you are planning on purchasing one of these bars, you can expect to be set back £2.49.
4. Phd Pharma Whey HT Protein Bars
If you’re fairly observant when on your shopping trip, then chances are you’ve come across some of PhD’s products. This will more than likely include products like protein bars, powdered protein and of course their pre-made protein shakes.
These reliable products can be found in your regular supermarkets but will also be found in numerous supplement stores alike. With that being said, have you taken note of their whey HT protein bars? If not, you’re in for a surprise. This is perhaps one of their most popular products so keep reading to find out more!
- Very high protein content! When you go to the store and pick up a protein supplement, it’s unlikely that you’re doing so for any reason other than your desire to build more muscle. Well, I can gladly say that you are certainly going to be doing that with this product! One of these protein bars contains 30 grams of whey protein, the most anabolic protein source on the planet!
- High in calcium. During our younger years on this planet, we are all told of the importance of calcium and its effect on bone health. Some of us are even brought up on milk and other foods containing calcium for exactly the reasons I’ve just said. If you are one of these people, you may be happy to hear that just one bar delivers a whopping 125.4mg of calcium!
- The Whey HT protein bar delivers a good source of fat. For most people, fat is an incredibly inconvenient macronutrient that should be avoided at all costs. However, most people aren’t aware of the simple facts that fat is very important to the body. It helps maintain body temperature, hormone structure and cell replace and repair. Those who aren’t consuming enough fats in their diet will inevitably suffer through undesirable symptoms, this product will help prevent that.
PhD has gone above and beyond with this protein bar. This is primarily due to the heightened level of macronutrients present in this product.
This product offers some very unique features on this list, this goes in the way of the heightened fat content alongside its much higher protein and calcium content than other protein bars. This, in turn, makes for a very nutritionally dense protein bar ideal for those who typically don’t eat enough.
5. SCI-MX Pro 2go Duo
SCI-MX, another best selling supplement brand. This like PhD can also be found in various supermarkets and stores but also supplement shops. The companies reliability and trustworthy features are precisely why so many shops and day to day stores are comfortable selling their products.
SCI-MX sell a huge abundance of different supplements all designed to further enhance any desired fitness goals. That being said, let’s examine some key features focused on one of their most popular products!
- Six quality protein sources. For those of you who are unaware, protein is a label given to a bunch of specific amino acids found in food. The level and amount of amino acids vary from one protein source to another and the level and amount matters when trying to build muscle. This product offers a blend of six different protein sources, this means you will be receiving a wide array of different amino acids!
- Good source of healthy fats. Healthy fats are very important to the body for a wide array of reasons, one of these being heart health. Healthy fat sources help reduce LDL cholesterol. This bad source of cholesterol can clog the arteries up causing heightened blood pressure levels which in turn causes the heart to work harder. Healthy fats will ensure the heart doesn’t work harder than it has too.
- Scientifically formulated. If you’re considering the purchase of one of their products, it’s certainly worth considering that their products are formulated with scientific intelligence. More specifically, the ingredients utilised into their products are put together and utilised to formulate a health optimised product which will only serve to assist you with your goals!
SCI-MX Nutrition has been around for a long time. Their products are formulated with the assistance of scientific approval meaning you can trust the quality and effectiveness of their products.
The product most recently discussed is one of their most highly reviewed and enjoyed product still utilised in today’s world. This factor combined with their many unique features makes for an altogether well trusted and reliable product.
How to Choose the Right Protein Bar
Understanding what is and what isn’t good for our health in today’s world can be very difficult. Some lifestyle factors may be considered healthy through one study while another may suggest the opposite…
Whether it’s through false marketing, desperation for money and or a potentially uninformed seller, there are without a doubt numerous products on the market right now being recommended for their potential health benefits without any hard proof.
This aspect combined with a very unreliable fitness industry makes it incredibly hard to understand what we should and shouldn’t do to further improve our health. With that being said, not all services and products on the market should be deemed untrustworthy.
Some products have been well-known for their health benefits for a long time. Products like these are typically backed up by science and aren’t linked to any negative health effects. One of these products is protein bars!
At first, protein bars were a shadow. Most were aware they existed but most didn’t actively seek them out. Now, protein bars are an actively sought out treat designed to deliver a reliable source of protein whilst simultaneously satiating that sweet tooth we all possess.
When purchasing protein bars to help meet your goals, you must align your goals with the nutritional profile found in the product. This means if you are hoping to both lose weight and build muscle, you will need to opt for a protein bar with fewer calories and higher amounts of protein.
On the other hand, if you are trying to gain both fat and muscle, opting for a more calorically dense protein bar will prove to be far more effective than a protein bar with fewer calories.
Not only should you align your goals with your nutrition requirements but you should be careful when going with a brand you’ve never heard of. Some brands often fill their products with numerous sugars and sweeteners to have the product tasting more fulfilling.
This might improve the overall taste of the product but it could in turn work against your goals or worse, it may even be detrimental towards your health.
As stated earlier, understanding what’s good and bad for us through nutrition can be challenging. This can be attributed to several different reasons. For this very reason, it’s important to approach anything nutrition-related with an open mind.
This will help to ensure you don’t make any mistakes when picking out the correct products suited to your needs and desires. With that being said, the protein bars listed above are without a doubt, good quality protein sources you can count on.
They are and have been best-sellers for a long time. This is primarily based on ingredients, affordability, and taste. These three factors alone are enough to have anyone convinced but their benefits don’t stop there.
This very article is comprised of the most popular and most sought out protein bars. They each offer a similar array of benefits but like anyone and anything on this planet, they each possess unique benefits. So, whether you are looking to build muscle and gain weight, build muscle and lose fat or perhaps just live a healthier lifestyle through nutrition, the above protein bars will without a doubt help you get there.